[openstack-dev] [Documentation] Docbuild error

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Sep 3 15:49:34 UTC 2012

Hi Gary -
That pom.xml builds the maven plugin itself. It doesn't have "clean"
as one of its targets.

I didn't have to modify my .m2 settings file to run the plugin, but
possibly you do in your environment.

To build a document, run "mvn clean generate-sources" in the directory
that contains a pom.xml specifically for the document, such as in this
directory in the openstack-manuals repo:
doc/src/docbkx/openstack-network-connectivity-admin

Hope this helps - feel free to ask more questions.
Anne

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Gary Kotton <gkotton at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2012 06:29 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gary -
>> Which pom.xml are you building? We can help, but need more info.
>
> Hi,
> I am using.
> https://github.com/rackspace/clouddocs-maven-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml.
> I put it in the directory .m2.
> Is this correct?
> Thanks
> Gary
>

>> Thanks,
>> Anne
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Gary Kotton<gkotton at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> When trying to build the docs I get:
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.3:clean (default-clean) on
>>> project openstack-guide: Execution default-clean of goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.3:clean failed: Plugin
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.3 or one of its