[openstack-dev] [quantum][DNS]

JC Martin jcmartin at ebaysf.com
Mon Oct 22 16:53:01 UTC 2012

All,

   Now that the number of parties to attend has reduced, I would like to
followup on the DNS design session.
Thanks to Dan, you can find the notes there :
https://etherpad.openstack.org/openstack-dns

I had to skip before the very end of the session, but based on some
summary I got, we have two followups:
   - Decide what will be the project structure (independent or hosted
under quantum)
   - Decide what is the best basis for the implementation from the various
existing implementation.

As a note, I understood that the choice was to have an standalone service
implementation listening to instance creation events (for the minimum
level of functionality).

To kick off the discussion on the second topic, I would propose that we
compare quickly the following implementations :
   -https://github.com/managedit/moniker
   -https://github.com/griddynamics/nova-dns

However, if you have an alternative implementation and you could not make
it to the summit, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

I'll work with Dan to create a space where to store documents under
quantum for now. Also, we should plan an IRC meeting in the short term.

Thanks

JC