[openstack-dev] [metering] removing db access for pollsters

John Tran njhtran at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:28:40 UTC 2012

I'm working on ticket #1012242 removing db access for pollsters, and a
major step in doing that is to use the service module from
openstack.common module instead of from nova code.  Looking at the one
in the nova code, I'm trying to figure out how to make any of the db
calls into an api call.   There is a db call that queries if the
service exists and then registers the service if it doesn't.  AFAIK
there is no current support for services querying/create in Nova API
and I've found a reference to a future implementation of a
'Management-API' that would incorporate that but does not yet exist.

http://wiki.openstack.org/ManagementAPI

What are your thoughts on moving forward with this ticket - do I wait
for ManagementAPI?