[openstack-dev] RabbitMQ Scaling

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:38:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Lloyd Dewolf <lloydostack at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ray, did you baseline verses 0MQ (ZeroMQ)?
>

> http://www.cloudscaling.com/blog/cloud-computing/simplicity-scales-an-alternative-approach-to-openstack-nova-rpc-messaging/
>
> Lloyd,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I have not tried ZeroMQ yet, but it is
eventually in my plans.  I like the idea behind ZeroMQ.  Queuing middleware
seems like overkill, yet RabbitMQ does has its supporters and it might be
part of the environment for other reasons anyway.  My initial goal was to
determine why people say RabbitMQ does not scale.  I can't find any facts
around that.  I found at least one reason, the dynamic creation of
queues/exchanges, which is more a problem with how OpenStack uses RabbitMQ
and not RabbitMQ itself.  I'm continuing my testing to see if it breaks
somewhere else.

Ray