[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Multi dimension blueprint proposal

Nicolas Barcet nicolas at barcet.com
Tue Nov 27 16:54:14 UTC 2012

Following up on multiple discussions with Angus, Julien, Doug and other, it
seems that we need a way to compute values from aggregate counters from the
API.  I think we can achieve this with very few changes on the storage
schema, and a few more on the API, so I have written a proposal in the form
of a blueprint which I like you to examine and comment...

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/multi-dimensions

Do not forget to look under the "Read the full spec" link.

I also added another proposal to add an average function:

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/api-aggregate-average

Thanks for your feedback.
Nick