[openstack-dev] [Clients] Does the keystoneclient have an --insecure option like nova does?

Brian Waldon bcwaldon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:14:08 UTC 2012

On Nov 27, 2012, at 9:59 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> jp833r at c2r1:~$ keystone endpoint-list
> No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneclient.client"
> Authorization Failed: Unable to communicate with identity service:
> [Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error:14090086:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed. (HTTP 400)
> jp833r at c2r1:~$ keystone --insecure endpoint-list
> usage: keystone [--os_username <auth-user-name>]
> <snip>
>                <subcommand> ...
> keystone: error: unrecognized arguments: --insecure
>
> Whereas nova has the --insecure option, but doesn't have such a nice
> error message indicating that certificate verify failed :)
>
> jp833r at c2r1:~$ nova list
> ERROR: n/a (HTTP 400)
> jp833r at c2r1:~$ nova --insecure list
> +----+------+--------+----------+
> | ID | Name | Status | Networks |
> +----+------+--------+----------+
> +----+------+--------+----------+
>
> Thoughts? I think it would be great to get:
>
> 1) Some consistency between the two tools regarding how they indicate
> that cert verification failed

Yes, Dean Troyer has spent a lot of time and effort triaging the state of SSL support across the clients. I think he could offer some insight as to his plans there.

> 2) An --insecure option consistent in all clients for use in
> test/non-prod environments that have self-signed certs

Yes, definitely agree. We need to standardize on several SSL-related options like --insecure.

> 3) The ability for all CLI tools to support a --version option (or
> version command)

Yep, just added this to python-glanceclient (borrowed from python-novaclient). To be clear, this should represent the client library version, not the REST API version that the client is yelling at.