[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] model for ceilo/nova interaction going forward

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Nov 23 16:54:46 UTC 2012

Eoghan Glynn wrote:
>> Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>
>> ...but without the process headaches of releasing that layer as a
>> separate library. You'd still need to agree on an API contract between
>> that plugin and Ceilometer, but it doesn't need to leak into release
>> versioning.
>
> OK, so this plugin would just be versioned with the master nova version
> (e.g. 2012.2) and picked up by ceilo from a (complete) local nova install?

It could just be a Python module shipped within Nova code (in the nova.*
namespace) that the local Ceilo agent would import. That module could
have its own API_VERSION which the calling Ceilo code could check for
sanity... although I suspect ceilo 2013.1 would support the one shipped
within nova 2013.1.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack