[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] model for ceilo/nova interaction going forward

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 09:55:08 UTC 2012

> Angus Salkeld wrote:
>
> Another option:
> We implement a collector plugin in nova that gets configured in
> ceilometer.conf as the compute instrumentator.

So this plugin lives in the nova repo and then get loaded by the
ceilo compute agent?

Wouldn't we have to address the same kind of versioning issues?

i.e. ceilo would want to pick up a stable version of the nova plugin,
and the nova plugin would need to depend on a stable version of
whatever ceilo interface it uses to publish the measurements.

Cheers,
Eoghan