[openstack-dev] A set of Keystone blueprints relating to domains

Henry Nash henryn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Nov 21 19:59:07 UTC 2012

Hi

I have been working, with others, on a set of blueprints (some already discussed on this list) that enhance the definition and use of domains to make Openstack more successful and acceptable to enterprise customers (both when being hosted by a openstack-based cloud provider as well as for private clouds).  I would welcome comments/suggestions:

Optional private name spaces for domains.  The initial draft of this proposal has been discussed here before, but I have now added details of the proposed changes : https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/domain-name-spaces

Token scoping to a domain.  More easily enabling the operation of domain-wide admin roles: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/domain-scoping

Domain role assignment.  Providing more flexibility in terms of what the current functionality means to assign a role to a user-domain pair: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/domain-role-assignment

Henry