[openstack-dev] [quantum][LBaas] Add members to the pool

Youcef Laribi Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com
Mon Nov 19 18:50:49 UTC 2012

Hi Leon,

You don't have to map the API operations one-to-one to SQLAlchemy operations. For this call (create a pool), you can in SQLAlchemy first create the "pool" row in a pool table, then create the members rows in the member table (and set their pool_id to the pool you created).

If you are worried about updating the DB transactionally, then you can start a transaction before updating both tables and commit it only when both tables have been updated successfully. There will be a lot of operations in the API that will require updating more than one table in the DB, so we have to support transactions anyway.

Thanks
Youcef