[openstack-dev] [Nova] Put host in maintenance mode

Édouard Thuleau thuleau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:23:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I took a look into the maintenance mode for compute host.
I don't understand why this code is implemented in the virt driver.
I think it should be put in the compute manager and use the already
implemented migrate function to evacuate VM to another compute host.
It will be more efficient because this method asks the scheduler to
choose a correct compute host destination.

In the code 'maintenance mode' implemented in the xenapi driver, the
code evacuates itself the VMs. It doesn't ask the scheduler. It tries
to migrate VMs, host by host.

What do you think about that ?

Regards,
Édouard.