[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Metering meeting agenda for Thursday at 15:00 UTC (Nov 15, 2012)

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Sat Nov 17 16:59:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Jiang, Yunhong <yunhong.jiang at intel.com>wrote:

> > * Transforming roadmap items into blueprints  (nijaba, 15:22:00)
> >   * ACTION: nijaba to transform bp-less features into bp  (nijaba,
> >     15:23:27)
> >   * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/RoadMap  (eglynn,
> >     15:24:38)
> >   * AGREED: ceilometer team to use bp to track status of features
> >     (nijaba, 15:27:01)
> >

> This is different with http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/RoadMap,
> which state "each item should point to a wishlist bug in Launchpad." So now
> will it has only blueprint?

Yes, ttx uses the blueprints to track release progress so we need to switch
to blueprints instead of wishlist items.

> Just realized that developer can assign bugs to themselves freely, but not
> for blueprint, which will make status update more easily (owned by assignee
> themselves).

The ceilometer-drivers group can probably assign blueprints (if not, we'll
figure out who has that permission). So if you want to volunteer to take
one on, send email to the mailing list or bring it up during a meeting and
we'll make sure the owner is set correctly. Having that extra coordination
step will help us prevent duplicating effort anyway, so maybe forcing the
communication isn't a bad thing?

> Also, I think some items can be updated, but I'm not sure if only Nicolas
> can edit them. For example, since option 5 is ok for nova team, "support
> for non libvirt Hypervisors" does not matter now , and seems we can't get
> "remove all nova imports" anymore, since we at least need one library
> import :)

We still want the non-libvirt hypervisors feature, but the implementation
details have changed. I don't think that means we want to close the
blueprint. The import item may just need to change to "remove unnecessary
nova imports," since we still want to get rid of the use of nova flags if
possible.

Doug