[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core - a motion

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Nov 16 14:17:09 UTC 2012

Okay, thanks Mark for giving us some good food for thought. I would
like to propose a different set of 3rd and 4th paragraphs in the
"direction motion" for us to consider. The first two paragraphs are
great.

---

We see Incubation as a category for projects who would like to have a
trial period to share resources and integrate with other OpenStack
projects. While we as a technical committee need time to evaluate
projects for inclusion in the OpenStack shared resource set (for
example, release management, integrated testing and releases,
continuous integration, documentation, Summit discussion time, and so
on), there should be an end-result for an Incubation period to result
in a final destination that is not related to all the current
privileges given to Core projects.

We see trademark privileges as unrelated of the day-to-day work needed
to create and maintain related, integrated OpenStack projects. Because
trademark is irrelevant to the other privileges given to a Core
project, having the term "Core OpenStack Project" in section 4.1.b of
the bylaws related to trademark is unnecessary.
---

I'm also having trouble with "the devil's in the details" and choosing
a vague first direction, apologies for that.

Thanks -
Anne