[openstack-dev] Tox deps issue trigger missing new packages installation

Lu, Lianhao lianhao.lu at intel.com
Thu Nov 15 16:04:15 UTC 2012

Zhongyue,

I just looked at the tox  source code on my machine, tox doesn't do that. It simply treats that 2 as normal package names and pass them as the argument to pip in which case the '-r' prefix triggers the pip to look into those files.

The problem is that if I've run the tox once and tox has already recorded that deps, after I change the pip-require's content, tox thinks I still have the same deps so it won't trigger to update the old virtualenv by installing the new deps.

-lianhao

"Nah, Zhongyue" <zhongyue.nah at intel.com>编写:

Hongna,

tox does check those files actually. I'm not sure what your env is like but at least I can tell you tox does look into those files. Maybe you can let me have a look at your logs?

-zhongyue

Sent from my iPhone