[openstack-dev] RabbitMQ Scaling

Rosa, Andrea (HP Cloud Services) andrea.rosa at hp.com
Thu Nov 15 15:32:55 UTC 2012

Hi

>My volume of RPC calls is artificial.  It is a test program that just does RPCs as fast as it can.  The performance was strikingly bad for clustered RabbitMQ.
>. A single 8 processor RabbitMQ with no clustering achieved 410 RPC calls/sec at 580% CPU utilization
>. A cluster of two RabbitMQs servers achieved 68 RPC calls/sec at 140% CPU utilization on each
>. A cluster of three RabbitMQ servers schieved 55 RPC calls/sec at 80% CPU utilization on each

Can you give me more information about the cluster configuration?
Especially I am interested to know how many DISK nodes you have and how many RAM nodes.
The performance in the RPC scenario you described (a lot of RPC reqs in a short period of time)  could seriously affected if all nodes are configured as DISK nodes.

Thanks
--
Andrea Rosa