[openstack-dev] [Nova] no-db-compute, a new service

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Mon Nov 12 21:17:16 UTC 2012

On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2012 02:19 PM, Chris Behrens wrote:
>> I'd actually prefer to see this new service named 'nova-compute'. :)
>> (And find another name for the current nova-compute).  But I realize
>> that probably creates a lot of headaches. ;)
>
> Yes, it's probably not worth the confusion that will cause.  Also, the
> vision you have for the end result, where much of the existing
> nova-compute logic is moved up is going to take a good amount of time to
> achieve.

I agree… just figured I'd throw it out there.  :)  nova-compute and nova-virt might have been nice!

Vish's, nova-conductor is not bad… neither is Joe's nova-director.  I have just a slight preference to one of those over nova-controller.  But I don't care as much about its name, either, over what it will be doing!

- Chris