[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:58:19 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 12:50 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Though I'm not entirely clear on your opinion on the future of "core".
> You acknowledge that it has importance to the board for the purposes of
> trademark enforcement.  Is that something that we (the TC) should just
> push off to the board to handle?  Or should the TC still be involved in
> that?  If so, to what degree?

Yes, I'm saying I don't believe it serves the technical community any
purpose in differentiating something called "core" from something that
isn't "core". If the BoD or biz-dev/product folks want to do that, so be
it, but I just don't think it behooves the folks working on a
coordinated release to be picking these winners and losers when it comes
to inclusion in the OpenStack community development and release process.

Best,
-jay