[openstack-dev] [Nova] [baremetal] moving forward with baremetal reviews

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 9 06:33:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Devananda van der Veen
<devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am following up to today's lively discussion of how we can best get the
> baremetal driver into trunk. There was a fair bit of resistance from
> nova-core to the idea of merging the code right now. That said, I don't
> think having multiple teams developing something this large outside trunk is
> going to end well, and the discussion was left unresolved.
>
> One option that was discussed, which on further thought seems quite
> feasible, is that we (me, robert collins, others on our team) start taking
> the larger baremetal reviews and break them down into clean, unit-testable,
> small patches, and fixing issues we find along the way (actually we already
> have a list). The flip side of this is that the existing NTT reviews will
> need to rebase on top of our micro-patches (assuming they land), with the
> eventual goal being that the last set of patches that need to land become
> very much smaller than they are now.
>
> Unless there are objections from the NTT/ISI folks, I think we can run with
> this plan.
>

> --
> Devananda

Adding to this, we'll record issues that we already know about, or
that are identified (and agreed as post-landing changes) as bugs in
Launchpad now, tagged 'baremetal' - I'm volunteering to ensure all
such bugs are triaged.

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist