[openstack-dev] [horizon] settings part

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 15:50:43 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 09:19 PM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question: using (folsom/master branch) horizon as a non
> privileged user, the Settings menu has three panels:
>
> - "User Settings" (language, timezone), but nothing is saved other than
> to the session.
> - "OpenStack API" brings up a "Forbidden" message. Why is that link
> shown? IMHO it should be possible to prevent showing that link.
> - "EC2 Credentials" following that link immediately logs the
> (non-privileged) user off, without a warning or giving a reason. ....
>
> Because this looks so unfinished/half finished, I'm writing to the list,
> to ask, if anybody has a greater plan for this I didn't see....

Just a follow up:

I was able to trace my issues down to the following difference between
devstack and fedoras configuration:

in devstack internalURL and publicURL are the same:
Service: identity
+-------------+----------------------------------+
|   Property  |              Value               |
+-------------+----------------------------------+
|   adminURL  | http://192.168.36.14:35357/v2.0  |
|      id     | 08d6bf6269d847f2b6d8ad3166409e3a |
| internalURL |  http://192.168.36.14:5000/v2.0  |
|  publicURL  |  http://192.168.36.14:5000/v2.0  |
|    region   |            RegionOne             |
+-------------+----------------------------------+

in fedora, they're different:
Service: identity
+-------------+----------------------------------+
|   Property  |              Value               |
+-------------+----------------------------------+
|   adminURL  |   http://localhost:35357/v2.0    |
|      id     | 9bf1ba3f23ce461682af37e5e944b4ad |
| internalURL |   http://localhost:35357/v2.0    |
|  publicURL  |    http://localhost:5000/v2.0    |
|    region   |            RegionOne             |

When overwriting the connection URL for keystone to use the public URL,
everything works as expected.

So, the question is, what is the appropriate value for internal URL?

Regards,
Matthias