[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Metering meeting agenda for Wednesday at 21:00 UTC (Nov 7th, 2012)

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu Nov 8 10:07:32 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 11:58 AM, Nick Barcet wrote:
> The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting,
> Thursdays at 2100 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=21&min=0&sec=0>.
>
> Everyone is welcome.
>
> Agenda:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
>  * Review last week's actions
>    - nijaba to send private email to all comitter to come vote on the
> etherpad in the next 24h
>    - nijaba to then update wiki page as follow: 3+ votes=high, 1or2
> vote=medium, low for rest in terms of priorities
>    - nijaba to prepare survey for ml next week
>    - dhellmann update versioning in ceilometer repo to match openstack
> standards
>    - nijaba to add eglynn to ceilometer drivers on satureday if all goes
> well
>    - dhellmann update readthedocs copy of our docs
>    - jd and nijaba to start preparing a video demo of ceilometer
>
>  * Review priorities as proposed on /EfficientMetering/RoadMap
>
>  * Review survey prepared by nijaba
>
>  * Open discussion
>
> If you are not able to attend or have additional topic(s) you would like
> to add, please update the agenda on the wiki.

The meeting took place, here is the summary:

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by nijaba at 21:00:02 UTC.  The full logs are available
at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2012/ceilometer.2012-11-07-21.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (nijaba,
  21:00:02)
* actions from previous meeting  (nijaba, 21:01:18)

* nijaba to send private email to all comitter to come vote on the
  etherpad in the next 24h  (nijaba, 21:01:38)

* nijaba to then update wiki page as follow: 3+ votes=high, 1or2
  vote=medium, low for rest in terms of priorities  (nijaba, 21:02:05)

* nijaba to prepare survey for ml next week  (nijaba, 21:02:40)

* dhellmann update versioning in ceilometer repo to match openstack
  standards  (nijaba, 21:03:33)
  * ACTION: dhellmann update versioning in ceilometer repo to match
    openstack standards  (nijaba, 21:05:09)

* nijaba to add eglynn to ceilometer drivers on satureday if all goes
  well  (nijaba, 21:05:38)

* dhellmann update readthedocs copy of our docs  (nijaba, 21:07:34)

* jd and nijaba to start preparing a video demo of ceilometer  (nijaba,
  21:08:31)
  * ACTION: jd and nijaba to start preparing a video demo of ceilometer
    (nijaba, 21:09:45)

* Review priorities as proposed on EfficientMetering/RoadMap  (nijaba,
  21:12:04)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/GrizzlyReleaseSchedule  (dhellmann,
    21:21:41)
  * LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/monitoring
    (asalkeld, 21:22:27)
  * ACTION: eglynn to writup a nova integration proposal to be discussed
    next week  (nijaba, 21:37:08)

* Review survey prepared by nijaba  (nijaba, 21:41:32)
  * LINK: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SY55BHR  (nijaba, 21:43:10)
  * ACTION: nijaba to send an invite to fill t  (nijaba, 21:55:35)
  * ACTION: nijaba to send an invite to fill the survey  (nijaba,
    21:55:41)

* Open Discussion  (nijaba, 21:56:06)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/UnifiedInstrumentationMetering
    (eglynn, 21:56:35)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/InstrumentationMetricsMonitoring is
    the other one that is more 'low level'  (harlowja, 21:58:48)
  * ACTION: asalkeld investigate diamond for use to generate stats
    (nijaba, 22:15:07)

Meeting ended at 22:15:32 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* asalkeld
  * asalkeld investigate diamond for use to generate stats
* dhellmann
  * dhellmann update versioning in ceilometer repo to match openstack
    standards
* eglynn
  * eglynn to writup a nova integration proposal to be discussed next
    week
* nijaba
  * jd and nijaba to start preparing a video demo of ceilometer
  * nijaba to send an invite to fill t
  * nijaba to send an invite to fill the survey
* openstack
  * dhellmann update versioning in ceilometer repo to match openstack
    standards

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* nijaba (112)