[openstack-dev] openstack at lists.launchpad.net,

Srikanth Kumar Lingala srikanthkumar.lingala at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:45:00 UTC 2012

Hi,
I just want to understand the flow of openstack nova code, while Launching
Instance from Horizon <---> to populate Instance related details into nova
and quantum databases.
I found code to insert Instance details into nova database at the following
location:
*/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/api/openstack/compute/servers.py*
*      create function*
*/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/compute/api.py*
*      create function*

But, I am not able to find any code related to insert data into 'quantum'
database tables like 'ports', 'ipallocations', ...etc.
Can anybody help me locating the code to populate 'ports', 'ipallocations'
tables in 'quantum' database from nova api?

Thanks in advance.
--
----
Srikanth.