[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] LBaaS API 1.0 spec update

Youcef Laribi Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com
Mon Nov 5 20:20:06 UTC 2012

I have now updated the tenant API spec with all the feedback that I received last week. Here is a summary of what has changed.

Main changes:

-          Removed lb_method from VIP object (now present only in Pool object).

-          Removed support for "bulk create" operations (as agreed in last week's meeting given difficulty of guaranteeing atomicity of bulk operations)

-          Removed operations for listing protocols and lb_methods supported, as there would be a lot of things we should add if we are aiming for this to be a way of discovering the capabilities of the service. We might get back to this in the future.

-          Added an "error_details" attribute to objects that can be returned by the LBaaS service if it sets the status of a resource to "ERROR".

Corrections and Clarifications

-          Fixed "List All VIPs" and "Retrieve VIP" to return the HTTP Status Code "200" instead of "202".

-          Fixed DELETE operations to return HTTP Status Code "204" instead of "202"

-          Clarified that PUT operation uses "patch" semantics.

-          Clarified the "default authorization rules" for normal users versus users with an "admin" role.

-          Clarified that "stats" returned to the user are not necessarily real-time data and can be data cached from previous stat collection.

-          Clarified the use of multiple health monitors on a pool member (It's an "AND" not an "OR" condition for health).

-          Clarified how members are added to a pool through POST on the members resource (not a PUT on pool resource).

Things I still need to address going forward:

-          Better specify the errors that user should expect for each operation

-          Add pagination support - we can discuss in tomorrow's meeting

-          Add support for limits (tenant quotas) - we can discuss in tomorrow's meeting

The updated API is available at the same location: http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum/LBaaS/API_1.0

Let me know if you think I have missed anything or if something is still unclear to implement.

Youcef