[openstack-dev] [Quantum][Nova][DNSaaS] Notification based DNS entry creation

JC Martin jcmartin at ebaysf.com
Fri Nov 2 15:49:23 UTC 2012

Kiall,

You are right, nothing prevents you from supporting both. It may make sense to have the IP allocation logic defined as a pluggable driver in case some people want to customize it.
In fact, my question, indirectly was that today, IP allocation is not directly generating events since IP addresses are not Quantum resources, and was wondering if DNS records should be tied more to the IP allocation than the life cycle of the users of the IP.

JC