[openstack-dev] [nova] blueprints / todos out of nova api consistency design session

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 1 20:30:47 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 11:04 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:
<snip

>> TODO (Blueprint?): automated way to sync nova sample api tests to
>> api.openstack.org. Does the doc team use blueprints? Mauro, Anne, and I
>> discussed this the other day, Mauro's going to propose some approaches.
>
> We do use blueprints for projects like this - see
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+specs?show=all for
> both in progress and implemented.

Great.

>> Blueprint: nova-v3-api - create a blueprint for the nova v3 api, and
>> equivalent wiki page describing that nova-v3 is expected to be return code
>> consistency cleanup, ordering and pagination cleanups relative to Gabe's
>> overall API consistency effort, and the promotion of a couple critical
>> extensions. We'll hash out details in the wiki. Additionally a set of tags
>> for bugs: v2-api-bug, v2-api-inconsitency, v2-api-missing for things that
>> need to be address in a v3 api.
>
> Huzzah for promoting critical extensions. How do you want to handle
> this in the docs? Do we update the spec? Or complete new user docs?

I guess that opens the question of having both the v2 and v3 api docs
available. The read in the room is that if v3 is ready for Grizzly,
Grizzly will support both v2 and v3 on release (not drop v2 yet). So
it's important to have the API site support this.

I expect that's another blueprint for docs, right?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center