[openstack-dev] API changes [was: Re: [API] Standardizing status codes in the native API]

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jul 26 14:31:38 UTC 2012

Sean Dague wrote:
> Maybe someone with more launchpad-fu would have better suggestions, but
> it would be really good to come up with some consistent way to track
> things we want to change for consistency.

I would use tagging, since IIUC the bug ultimately needs to be fixed in
nova and not openstack-api (closing the bug in Nova should finish the task).

Finding a bug in Nova tagged "compute-api-v3" is easy... Finding a bug
that has a subtask in Nova that also happens to have a subtask in
openstack-api is difficult.

Alternatively, you could use a blueprint and the "related bugs" linking.
It's a bit more difficult to search for that tags, but would also get
the work done.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)