[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Agents and configuration files

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 05:39:33 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 11:02 PM, Sumit Naiksatam (snaiksat) wrote:

> Thanks Bob for bringing this up. The following option you stated
> sounds good to me:
>
> "to have a variable in quantum.conf specify which plugin-specific .ini
> file(s) need(s)"
>
> To take it one step further, could this variable be pointed to a
> directory name? That way it would require a single configuration in
> the quantum.conf, and all the ini files in that directory could be loaded.

Sadly this is not supported by the common config code at the moment. The
fact that we are using the common configuration code enables the
application to pass a number of different configuration files via the
command line options.

In my opinion one of the nice things about the common configuration is
that it give the user a lot of flexibility. There may be some who want
to have all of the information in one configuration file - for example
quantum.conf. Others may want to preserve the same format as today. Both
of these are supported. By default we will be using the latter to
support backward compatibility.