[openstack-dev] [quantum][LBaaS] need to do corresponding changes in LBaaS API doc

Youcef Laribi Youcef.Laribi at eu.citrix.com
Sat Dec 22 01:29:12 UTC 2012

Hi Oleg,

Thanks, I have reviewed these, and require some clarification from you.

-          add default values for fields not specified while VIP creation

Do you mean "description" and "connection_limit" fields? For "description", the default value if not specified by the user is an empty string, while "connection_limit" if not specified by the user is not used (internally and in DB, you can store it as "-1" meaning there is no connection limit).

-          add "description" and "connection_limit" fields with default values to the response of Create VIP Example

In the response, if description is an empty string and if "connection_limit" is set to -1, we do not return them, as it means the user has not set these, and they have got a NULL value.

-          add "lb_method" field to the request of Create Pool Example as it is required

Yes, good catch! I'll add this.

-          remove "members" filed from the request of Create Pool Example

-          add "health_monitors" to the list of updatable attributes of a pool

-          remove "List all Members of a specific Pool" and "List Health Monitors associated with a Pool" REST calls from the API

Yes, since we have agreed now on an approach for dealing with sub-resources, I can now update the spec.

-          add "pool_id" to the must list when creating a member
Yep.

-          add appropriate values to the request of Associate Health Monitors with a Pool Example

I thought that associating/dissociating pools and health_monitors is now done when creating or updating a pool (by specification a collection attribute). Can you clarify for me what the current implementation does?

Thanks
Youcef