[openstack-dev] Novaclient and Extensions

Matt Dietz matt.dietz at rackspace.com
Wed Dec 19 22:40:02 UTC 2012

You're right re: extensions are possible regardless of an explicit
mechanism. What I was trying to point out is I have to wonder if it's
really being used in the spirit of the extension mechanism (with intent to
promote) or as a way to say you have code in the tree and co-opt the API.

Also, I meant vendor-specific as in "This only works on X because they're
the only ones with the implementation." Just throwing things out, don't
know if it's a problem off hand.

Sounds like we're on the same page, though :-)