[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]Ceilometer in Horizon

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed Dec 19 19:48:52 UTC 2012

1.       Definitely represent the data graphically (visualizations). There are numerous excellent javascript visualization libraries. My current favorite is d3 (http://d3js.org/) and I’d have no qualms with including it in Horizon.

2.       I think having a “summary” display of ceilometer data on the overview would be great (though there will have to be a fallback if the stack doesn’t deploy ceilometer). I also think that displaying detailed ceilometer data deserves its own panel and probably various tabs/views within it. Perhaps a panel and then a tab for each service?

3.       I definitely see this as primarily an admin function for now. Let’s vet the concept there and if we discover pieces that would be useful and appropriate for an end user we can bring it down to that level. A tenant selector dropdown is easy enough to accomplish for filtering data (you can find similar dropdowns in various places throughout the project).

All the best,

-          Gabriel