[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Quantum Scheduler

gong yong sheng gongysh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 19 00:51:55 UTC 2012

Eugene:
The BP name is a little  confusing. It is not all about scheduler. But
it needs us to have a scheduler.
The BP spec in Read the full specification
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eiBx6roRyk-mUfgBfJZUtEjEGbgTB5Gf4r7varAyDpg/edit>
is old. But I cannot change the URL. the new Spec is '
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJlW0_tMpeENA_ia38fvRu7ioKRt9fsWXBjivwd1mMw/edit
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TJlW0_tMpeENA_ia38fvRu7ioKRt9fsWXBjivwd1mMw/edit>'

I have a patch for this BP: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18216/

please see the schedule_xxxx methods in this file:
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/18216/3/quantum/db/multipleagents_db.py

I composed a draft admin guide (attached) for the BP, please have a look
at: Appendix A. Demos Setup ->Scale and HA of agents.

I read your
http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum/LBaaS/Architecture/Scheduler  and have
this:
1. Quantum scheduler can be multischeduler, just like one in
nova-scheduler although it schedules only VM to compute hosts now.
2. With multischeduler, we can have sub schedulers. for example sub
scheduler for allocating networks to DHCP agents
sub scheduler for allocating quantum routers to l3 agents,  and
subscheduler for allocating 'pool' to devices
So here it is:
class multischeduler(object):
scheduler['network'] = import_class(conf.network_scheduler)
scheduler['router'] = import_class(conf.router_scheduler)
scheduler['pool'] = import_class(conf.pool_scheduler)

3. Then the sequence diagram is calling scheduler['pool'].
My BP is calling other two.

Thanks
Yong Sheng Gong