[openstack-dev] [Quantum] continuing todays discussion about the l3 agents

Nachi Ueno nachi at nttmcl.com
Wed Dec 12 01:53:09 UTC 2012

Hi Folks

> Yi
Thank you for your summarization.

I'm start feeling we should separate topics of
scalability and HA here.

Actually, nova-scheduler only deals scalability part.
so definition of "scheduler" this context is " decide host of resources "
A resource contains VM, Volume, dhcp-agent, l3-agent, loadbalancer etc.

we can also define HA-resource with many method.
For instance , ha-l3-agent, vrrp-l3-agent ,heartbeat-ha-dhcp-agent,

so I suppose we can discuss HA and scalability separately.