[openstack-dev] [Swift] Region tier in ring and builder files

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 6 10:47:34 UTC 2012

Motonobu,

In our current (very initial) version of design, the proxy-server may know
about it's affinity to particular region (i.e. this is parameter set in
proxy-server.conf file) and prefers to read data from nodes in 'local'
region when serves GET request. This is implemented as splitting 'nodes'
array into 'local' and 'foreign' and shuffle them separately, then concat
these lists back with 'local' on top of 'foreign'. PUT requests are served
as usual, this is to be addressed in following iterations.
The replicator enhancements are also targeted in following iterations.
We're still finalizing design of replication and will greatly appreciate
any suggestions.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gelbukh