[openstack-dev] removing hard dependencies

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Tue Dec 4 16:49:10 UTC 2012

Hello.

At the moment there are several hard dependencies for several projects
in the pip-requires. As an example for Nova we've the following entries:

Cheetah==2.4.4
boto==2.1.1
routes==1.12.3
WebOb==1.0.8
PasteDeploy==1.5.0
suds==0.4

That's really irritating when packaging the several core projects,
because most of the distributions already provide higher versions of the
dependencies. Downgrading several packages or providing separate
packages is not nice.

Is there any documentation about the choices of those static versions? I
really would like to see that all static versions can be removed and
that always the latest releases can be used together with the OpenStack
projects.

Bye, Christian.

--
Christian Berendt