[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Administrator Guide - quantum.conf

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Aug 29 13:25:31 UTC 2012

> One small issue - change the hyphen to underscore in the logging config
> options. The hyphen is only correct when passing the option on the
> command line.

This is so strange to have to document that I want to believe we can fix it
with code. Can anyone describe why hyphens are needed at the command line
and underscores in the config file? How can we make it consistent both
places?

> Also, nova has a script (nova/tools/config) for generating a sample
> config file with all this information and from there we copy it into the
> docs. I think the script could do with a lot of work, but it might be
> useful to quantum too.

This script has been super helpful for doc work - thanks Zhongyue Luo for
making it in the first place and Mark and Vish for maintaining it.

Anne