[openstack-dev] Considerations when adding Nova config options

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 09:08:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 09:59 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Maybe we could add some category/priority/experimentalness declaration
> where the option is defined, so that tools could pick it up and use it
> to generate prettier documentation ?

One idea I've been toying with is allowing options to be marked as
"experimental" and adding a "--disable-experimental" command line
option. Then we could run with --disable-experimental by default (from
e.g. init scripts, devstack etc.) so that users have to explicitly
re-enable the experimental options in nova.conf if they want to use
them.

Cheers,
Mark.