[openstack-announce] [OSSA 2015-002.1] Glance v2 API unrestricted path traversal through filesystem:// scheme (CVE-2015-1195) ERRATA 1
tristan.cacqueray at enovance.com
Tue Jan 20 14:53:28 UTC 2015
OSSA-2015-002.1: Glance v2 API unrestricted path traversal through filesystem:// scheme
:Date: January 20, 2015
- Glance: up to 2014.1.3 and 2014.2 versions up to 2014.2.1
Jin Liu from EMC reported that path traversal vulnerabilities in
Glance were not fully patched in OSSA 2014-041. By setting a malicious
image location to a filesystem:// scheme an authenticated user can
still download or delete any file on the Glance server for which the
Glance process user has access to. Only setups using the Glance V2 API
are affected by this flaw.
When the original advisory was published a CVE number was not
assigned. CVE-2015-1195 can now be used to track this vulnerability.
- https://review.openstack.org/145974 (Icehouse)
- https://review.openstack.org/145916 (Juno)
- https://review.openstack.org/145640 (Kilo)
- Jin Liu from EMC (CVE-2015-1195)
- This fix was included in the kilo-1 development milestone and will be
included in future 2014.2.2 (juno) and 2014.1.4 (icehouse) releases.
- The OpenStack VMT recommends revoking all credentials stored in files
accessible by Glance as a precautionary measure.
- 2015-01-20 - Errata 1
- 2015-01-15 - Original Version
OpenStack Vulnerability Management Team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the OpenStack-announce