[openstack-announce] Icehouse-3 development milestone available

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 6 21:13:19 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

The third (and last) milestone of the Icehouse development cycle,
"icehouse-3", is now available for Keystone, Glance, Nova, Horizon,
Neutron, Cinder, Ceilometer, Heat, and Trove.

You can see the full list of new features and fixed bugs, as well as
tarball downloads, at:

https://launchpad.net/keystone/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/glance/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/nova/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/horizon/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/neutron/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/cinder/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/ceilometer/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/heat/icehouse/icehouse-3
https://launchpad.net/trove/icehouse/icehouse-3

Including the Oslo libraries, that makes an impressive 203 blueprints
completed over the last 6 weeks alone, and 780 bugs fixed.

Note that this milestone is nearly feature-complete. A few exceptions
should land next week, but those projects are otherwise feature-frozen
in preparation for the first Icehouse release candidates.

We should now all switch to testing and bugfixing mode for the next
weeks, and make Icehouse as bug-free as we can. The release-critical
bugs will be tracked on the icehouse-rc1 milestone pages. Once all those
bugs are fixed and the first release candidates are out, the next
development cycle (Juno) will start. Final coordinated release is
expected on April 17th !

More information on the OpenStack development cycle can be found at:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Cycle

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)