[legal-discuss] [openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18-05

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jan 30 19:05:59 UTC 2018

On 01/30/2018 12:53 PM, Graham Hayes wrote:
> On 30/01/18 18:34, Chris Dent wrote:
> <snip/>
>>
>> ## Today's Board Meeting
>>
>> I attended [today's Board
>> Meeting](https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/30Jan2018BoardMeeting)
>>
>> but it seems that according to the [transparency
>> policy](http://www.openstack.org/legal/transparency-policy/) I can't
>> comment:
>>
>>>   No commenting on Board meeting contents and decisions until
>>>   Executive Director publishes a meeting summary
>>
>> That doesn't sound like transparency to me, but I assume there must be
>> reasons.
>
> I was under the assumption that this only applied to board members, but
> I am open to correction.
>
> Can someone on legal-discuss clarify?

That is correct. As officers information published from Board members
could be construed as "official" communication. The approach we've taken
on this topic is that Board members refrain from publishing their
thoughts/feedback/take/opinion/summary of a meeting until after Jonathan
has published an 'official' summary of the meeting, at which point,
since there is an official document we're free to comment as we desire.

There is nothing preventing anyone who is not a board member from
publishing a summary or thoughts or live-tweeting the whole thing.

markmc has historically written excellent summaries and has posted them
as soon as Jonathan's have gone out.

Monty