[legal-discuss] [kolla]is it OK to modify python code in OpenStack project?

Van Lindberg van.lindberg at rackspace.com
Mon Jan 2 17:04:03 UTC 2017

Thierry is correct in his analysis.

If you really want to copy it - which I don't suggest - then copy it over into your repo, rename both the module and the class, and make your code use your derived work.

Put a header at the top that says something like "Based on Python's ConfigParser.py. Original ConfigParser.py distributed under the Python Software Foundation license. Additions and changes copyright [YOU] and distributed under the Apache Software License, v2."

Do not modify the stdlib in-place (as it sounds like you are doing) - but perhaps I just misunderstand.