[legal-discuss] Question on the ICLA

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Tue Oct 11 17:38:04 UTC 2016

It was my understanding that the ICLA explicitly addressed this issue (raised by the original poster)

>>> general counsel does not want me to sign an individual CLA because I do not
>>> own any of the IP being submitted. Can you clarify, in legal terms for my

with the verbiage set forth in section 4 of the ICLA which reads (in its entirety)

"4. You represent that you are legally entitled to grant the above license.
If your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property that you create
that includes your Contributions, You represent that you have received
permission to make Contributions on behalf of that employer, that your
employer has waived such rights for your Contributions to the Project
Manager, or that your employer has executed a separate Corporate
Contributor License Agreement with the Project Manager."

So, while the ICLA may be going away, the specific objection raised by the attorney appears to be addressed in the ICLA.

-amrith