[legal-discuss] Question on the ICLA

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Oct 11 17:05:38 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 12:35 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Wasn't the ICLA requirement completely eliminated last year?

The requirement was eliminated pending a few technical implementation
items. We will not be removing enforcement of ICLA signing until we
finish adding enforcement of the CCLA.

So - for now it is a requirement, although we do have a path forward to
the time where it will not be a requirement.

For the original poster - I do not have a great answer for you right now
other than that it is currently a requirement. Someone else can
hopefully provide some verbiage that can make your friendly lawyer human
happier.

> Richard
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 04:25:35PM +0000, Dolph Mathews wrote:
>> Perhaps your gerrit account is not on your employer's list of authorized
>> CCLA accounts? https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HowToUpdateCorporateCLA
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:47 AM Michael Latchmansingh <
>> Michael.Latchmansingh at datacore.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OpenStack legal community
>>>

>>> I have a question on the purpose of the ICLA. In attempting to setup my
>>> local Git repository with the OpenStack Gerrit system, I ran into an issue
>>> where I was asked to sign the ICLA. My submissions to OpenStack are on
>>> behalf of the company I work for, and we have already a signed CCLA. Our
>>> general counsel does not want me to sign an individual CLA because I do not
>>> own any of the IP being submitted. Can you clarify, in legal terms for my
>>> general counsel, why there is this requirement?
>>>

>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>

>>> *Michael Latchmansingh **|* Director, Product Development
>>>
>>> 954-377-6058 <(954)%20377-6058> t
>>> 561-927-5754 <(561)%20927-5754> c
>>> michael.latchmansingh.datacore (skype)
>>>

>>> *DataCore Software Corporation *Corporate Park
>>> 6300 NW 5th Way
>>> Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309