[legal-discuss] Question on the ICLA

Michael Latchmansingh Michael.Latchmansingh at datacore.com
Tue Oct 11 15:45:25 UTC 2016

Hi OpenStack legal community

I have a question on the purpose of the ICLA. In attempting to setup my local Git repository with the OpenStack Gerrit system, I ran into an issue where I was asked to sign the ICLA. My submissions to OpenStack are on behalf of the company I work for, and we have already a signed CCLA. Our general counsel does not want me to sign an individual CLA because I do not own any of the IP being submitted. Can you clarify, in legal terms for my general counsel, why there is this requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

Michael Latchmansingh | Director, Product Development

954-377-6058 t
561-927-5754 c
michael.latchmansingh.datacore (skype)

DataCore Software Corporation