[legal-discuss] Licensing options for new project (Kolla) entering big tent

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jul 9 19:50:09 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Richard Fontana's message of 2015-07-09 15:43:55 -0400:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 07:24:36PM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> > Technically the technical committee doesn¹t have a TC release anymore
> > either, as far as I understand.  But IANAL :)
>
> I've been wondering about that. What if anything does "Technical
> Committee Approved Release" mean now?

The term is defined in the bylaws as the subset of all OpenStack
projects the TC has proposed be included in DefCore's trademark
considerations. We have a tag indicating the current list of projects:
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/tc-approved-release.html

Doug