[legal-discuss] [Fwd: [openstack-dev] mysql/mysql-python license "contamination" into openstack?]

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 19:59:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 07:13:08AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Forwarding a question from openstack-dev about the implications of our
> use of mysql-python, which is a GPLv2 licensed library.

It looks to me that mysql-python is actually dual-licensed under GPL
"or the original license based on Python 1.5.2's license", which would
seem to be the simple noncopyleft Stichting Mathematisch Centrum
license in the Python license stack. Not sure if that helps. I'm not
clear on whether the concern is mysql-python or extends to the fact
that MySQL itself is GPL-licensed.

 - RF