[legal-discuss] OpenStack and its CLA

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 12 11:50:31 UTC 2014

Monty Taylor wrote:
> On 06/11/2014 05:43 PM, Radcliffe, Mark wrote:
>> One recent development of interest was Joyent's removal of the CLA
>> for node.js
>> http://www.joyent.com/blog/broadening-node-js-contributions.  Please
>> note that node.js is licensed under MIT so not an exact analog.
>
> Nice article - thanks Mark!

As removing CLAs apparently becomes more popular (and in some cases used
as a marketing stunt), the "community" cost of keeping one will increase
(not talking about the technical/legal/moral benefits or drawbacks
here). As a community that prides itself on its inclusiveness, we
clearly don't want to be the last ones to drop our CLA.

Another nice read:
http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/06/09/do-not-need-cla.html

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)