[legal-discuss] Copyright statements in source

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:07:51 UTC 2014

I wonder if we could just replace the copyright lines with a generic statement

Copyright by various authors. See source control for contribution history.

or something to that effect? There has also been concern that the name / email of an author doesn’t make it clear who the copyright owner of the code is. We could allow an optional copyright notice in the commit message to address this.

Vish