[legal-discuss] [Fwd: [OpenStack-DefCore] Revised Bylaws]

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Sun Apr 13 07:57:58 UTC 2014

About 4(1)(b)(iii):

===============

After the OSP New Definition Date, the scope of the *Core* OpenStack
Project *which is an integrated release* shall be determined as set forth
in Section 4.13(c)(ii). The use of the OpenStack trademarks on the
OpentStack*OpenStack* Project shall be defined in the Trademark Policy in
Section 7.3.

===============

The addition of "which is an integrated release" seems redundant to me,
since "Core OpenStack Project" is defined in 4(1)(b)(iii) as "the software
modules which are part of an integrated release". It might not be redundant
if "which is an" is different from "which are part of", but if that is the
case, then I think that distinction should be elaborated/made explicit - as
it currently stands it is somewhat confusing.

Luis

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I figure these proposed amendments are relevant to this list too.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 ext. 6810

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*