[legal-discuss] Copyrights and License Headers in source files

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 17 15:01:51 UTC 2013

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> I think this is no longer a legal question (we established that they are
> not necessary), but a project consistency/cleanup effort discussion...
> so we should move it to openstack-dev, and discuss the three options on
> the table with all the devs.

Actually I think there is one more legal question around this topic...

Are we allowed to unilaterally remove those copyright mentions from the
header, or do we absolutely need to seek permission from the original
holder ?

On the -dev list discussion Sean suggested a "flag day" after which if
you didn't object the new format (without copyright mentions) would be
policy... I wonder if we could actually remove those mentions at that
point without formal approval.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack