[legal-discuss] [openstack-tc] Copyrights and License Headers in source files

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Wed May 15 00:04:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 04:19:24PM -0500, Mark Brown wrote:
> Richard Fontana <rfontana at redhat.com> wrote on 05/14/2013 04:03:19 PM:
> > Re: [legal-discuss] [openstack-tc] Copyrights and License Headers in
> > source files
>
> > > Mostly, I wanted to suggest that a lawyer needs to advise us on this.
> > > The Foundation is our go-to place for legal help, is it not?
> >
> > That is a very interesting question, as phrased, but I'd say the
> > answer is no.
>
> No offense intended, Richard, honest! -- I'm just curious on what
> they (OpenStack Foundation as organized) would say on the topic, if
> they have a say at all.

Oh, I didn't take any offense at all. And I also think any viewpoint
of the Foundation on this issue (or, let's say, on an issue that was
less trivial than this one), if it already existed, would be
interesting and given a lot of consideration. However, maybe I misread
it but I took your statements to imply that the Foundation plays a
role in providing legal advice to the collective body of OpenStack
project contributors.

 - RF