[legal-discuss] Contribution snag.

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Thu Dec 5 05:36:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 05:19:30PM -0600, Alice King wrote:
> Is there an objection to the
> CLA other than the process delay and aggravation factor?

I believe there is something more in OpenStack's case that we hear
from some of the developers. The way OpenStack handles inbound
contributions (including but not limited to the CLAs themselves) seems
unusually complicated and confusing, and atypically rigorous, compared
to other projects I am familiar with, including ones that are
large-scale and commercially significant. Lots of the contributors to
OpenStack have experience working on other such projects so they
naturally are going to see OpenStack as an aberration and wonder why
that is so.

- Richard